If you know the name of the game that is shown in the picture above, then you just might know more than the other
384 players currently registered at this site.
Why not test your knowledge of spectrum games against theirs?
Players Top 15 Favorite Games
The Arc Of Yesod
After The War
New Scoring System Posted by RootShell
After careful examination of the high scores achieved by some players and the low ratio of rights versus wrong answers given, I came to the conclusion that the games are quite easy for some and somehow more difficult for others, so a better and harder scoring formula was necessary to make the games more difficult (for better players) while not making them too difficult for the rest of the players.
After testing a few ideas that I initially had, I decided to create this new scoring system, which in my opinion will even the odds for both kind of players.
I'll try to explain it, as briefly and simple as possible:
1) On every 500 points earned, one more possible answer is added (to the initial 5). For instance, when a player score reaches 500 an extra possible answer will be added to the initial 5 (meaning now a total of 6), when the player score reaches 1000 points another possible answer is added (meaning now a total of 7). This way the difficulty will raise proportionally to the player's score, making it more hard for players with higher scores while keeping it more or less simple for the rest.
2) On the other hand, every time a player score drops below a 500 multiple (1000,1500,2000, etc), one possible answer is removed from those that the player had, and if the score gets below 500 only 5 possible answers will appear.
3) When any player score reaches 7500 points, the game will stop adding more possible answers (the player now has 20), so that the game is still playable (despite the fact that this can change if the players keep reaching high scores).
4) The lower number of possible answers is 5 (until the player's score reaches 500, increasing 1 possible answer for each 500 points earned).
5) The maximum number of possible answers is 20 (after player's score reaches 7500 points, decreasing 1 possible answer after each 500 points lost).
In case I didn't make myself clear, consult the following table for complete examples:
You can send your opinion about this new scoring system to this email, because I really would like to know what you think of it.
Since I guess that some of you will say that you need to try it first, before expressing your opinion, I took the liberty of activating it...
From now on the number of possible answers is based on the actual players scores, according to the rules expressed above.
Posted by RootShell
As you all have noticed, this site is constantly evolving/changing, this is due to the fact that i receive a lot of ideas and complaints about the site, which is very good.
The main objective of this site is to provide fun for it's registered players, and as such I take into serious consideration each idea/complaint received.
Some of you have been asking for more games, and you are right, but it takes time to handle all your requests, add more features, add more games and at the same time doing the maintenance of the site, since i work alone.
Nevertheless, I have already prepared a few more games that I will had as soon as I check them.
But this may take some time, since now it's a summer holidays period, and im not that much time at home.
Players Game History
Posted by RootShell
Due to several player complaints about the fact that others players might have been cheating, I decided to enable all players to see each others games history.
This way I hope to stop receiving emails complaining about other players possibly cheating and not using fair play.
Please keep in mind that this site is for fun only. No prizes will be awarded. So there's no need to cheat.
Since this procedure was only introduced in August, games played prior to that date were not recorded, for that fact I apologize (but i didnt see the need for this before).
100 Registered Players
Posted by RootShell
Thanks to all of you we reached the 100 registered users on the 27th of July 2004, NuYorican was the lucky 100, winning for that reason a bonus of 100 points.
Welcome NuYorican to our humble site and have fun...
Email contact Posted by RootShell
If you have any doubts or problems you can contact us trought this email